First-class services. From takeoff to landing.
“Penhall Company provided deep saw cutting services during all phases of the terminal apron expansion project. They cut all of the demo concrete for the project ranging from 21” – 24”. They are always punctual and when they come out and leave a clean area when they are finished. They bring a workforce sufficient to complete the task in a timely manner and have even worked nights and weekends to finish the job. What sets the Penhall team apart is that they will do what is necessary to accommodate the customer.” – M. Benton, O.L. Thompson Construction Co., Inc., SC
Penhall can provide every concrete solution you need for your next airfield job and our reliable airport runway grooving services meet the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) recommended specifications for transverse-grooved cut dimensions.
We use state-of-the-art tools and processes to achieve unmatched consistency and quality of work. Diamond-tipped saw blades are mounted side-by-side on our high-production machines to deliver perfectly consistent runway grooving that maximizes aircraft banking traction. Proper grooving also helps to eliminate the risk of hydroplaning and other deceleration complications caused by severe weather conditions, resulting in shorter braking distance of aircraft on wet pavement.
Penhall’s skilled and experienced team has the capabilities to operate six machines at a time, allowing us to service multiple runways in a large airport simultaneously so runways can return to operation quickly and our clients can conserve costs. Never gamble with passenger safety by neglecting maintenance, or choosing a sub-standard contractor to complete your work.
The FAA has observed that transverse-grooved surfaces offer many positive outcomes:
- Drastically reduces all types of skids on wet or flooded runways.
- Provides positive nose-wheel steering during landing roll-out.
- Prevent the onset of drift and weather-vaning.
- Pilots experience dramatic improvement in overall ground handling and stopping characteristics.
- Prevent the onset of drift at touchdown in flooded areas due to high cornering forces.
- Overall airplane ground handling and stopping characteristics show remarkable improvement over other surfaces.