Penhall’s concrete grinding services removes surface irregularities caused by construction or through repeated traffic loading over time. The immediate result is significant improvement in pavement smoothness; surface macrotexture; skid resistance; safety; and noise reduction. Our experienced grooving/grinding team operates eight full-sized grinders with diamond-tipped saw blades to remove bumps, lessen pavement depressions, and blend patched slaps into the specific contour of the pavement.
Penhall’s concrete grinding services provide many advantages to Department of Transportation Agencies and commercial clients, including:
- Cost-effectively extend pavement life.
- Work is usually conducted during off-peak hours, which shortens lane closure times and minimizes encroachment into adjacent lanes.
- Fewer lane closures (diamond grinding in one lane does not require grinding of the adjacent lane which may have acceptable surface characteristics).
- Eliminates the need for taper (a requirement with overlay alternatives at highway entrances, exits, and side streets to temporarily control traffic).
- Does not affect overhead clearances underneath bridges or hydraulic capacities of curbs and gutters on municipal streets.
- Restored highway meets all federally mandated standards and enhances the performance ratings of the roadways.
- Provides a smooth, quiet, and safe ride for all drivers.
Penhall’s concrete grinding capabilities are typically performed in conjunction with other concrete pavement preservation (CPP) techniques such as:
- road slab stabilization
- full- and partial-depth repair
- dowel bar retrofit
- cross stitching longitudinal cracks or joints
- joint and crack resealing
- safety grooving
- epoxy repairs
- green sawing