Concrete diamond grinding removes roadway imperfections caused by construction and/or heavy usage. The immediate result is an improvement in pavement smoothness, surface texture, skid resistance, safety, and noise reduction.
- Improved costs over other rehabilitation techniques
- Work is usually conducted during off-peak hours, which shortens lane closure times and minimizes encroachment into adjacent lanes.
- Fewer lane closures (diamond grinding in one lane does not require grinding of the adjacent lane which may have acceptable surface characteristics)
- Eliminates the need for taper (a requirement with overlay alternatives at highway entrances, exits, and side streets)
- Does not affect overhead clearances underneath bridges or hydraulic capacities of curbs and gutters on municipal streets.
Click Here for a FREE Quote
Penhall Company is well equipped to offer an efficient, and affordable way to restore ride. Our grinding services meet all federally mandated standards and leaves behind a roadway that is smoother, quieter, and safer for all drivers.
Penhall’s corrective grinding services reliably correct pavement that has been found to be out-of-spec or that experienced a failed ride test. For clients that need surface testing or re-testing, Penhall owns and operates profile testing equipment that uses the latest in pavement surface testing laser technology. After the testing-for-ride is performed, our highly-trained and experienced team can also help clients evaluate the results.
Other Highway Services
Concrete diamond grinding is often performed alongside other concrete payment preservation and restoration (CPP / CPR) techniques such as:
- Full- and partial-depth repair
- Cross stitching
- Dowel bar retrofit
- Slab stabilization
- Joint/crack resealing