Champaign - Concrete GPR, Cutting & Coring
2601 N. CARDINAL ROAD
Champaign, IL 61822
Welcome to the Champaign branch of Penhall Company. Located in Central Illinois, our division serves the Champaign metro and its surrounding area, including Urbana, Springfield, Peoria, Bloomington, and Decatur. Our location provides us with easy access to any city in the Central Illinois area.
The Penhall Company was founded in 1957, and as such, we have over 55 years of experience providing you with the concrete solutions you need. Here at our Champaign branch, we specialize in concrete cutting and grinding, but can do just about anything you need. Our yard is stocked full of our Diamond and Combo Trucks, which have everything you need for a job, be it flat sawing or wall sawing, coring or demo. We also offer reliable, non-destructive ground penetrating radar (GPR) scanning that will show every inch of conduit, rebar, post-tension cables, and any other type of material that may be contained within concrete. As a member of the nation’s largest provider of concrete solutions, we have the resources to do your job right – the first time. Whether you need your patio removed or you’re looking to demo a large industrial plant, your local Penhall branch here in Champaign has the experience, the know-how, and the equipment to get it done.
Here at Penhall Champaign, we dedicate ourselves to make sure that your job is done correctly, and safely. We strive daily to provide you with a service that adds value to your project, and we know that one of the best things we can do to reach that goal is to do our job right while protecting the wellbeing of your team, our team, and the jobsite.
We worked with Penhall’s Denver branch on the remodel of University of Illinois’s State Farm Center, where we provided concrete cutting and removal services. Penhall has the capabilities to run the gamut on job size and complexity. As with projects such as the State Farm Center, we have the nationwide resources and experience needed to pull off the big jobs, but we still have the flexibility and finesse to turn right back around and handle a homeowner’s driveway removal the same day. Regardless of size, you can count on Penhall’s safety record and reliability to make sure you get the services you need.
Examples of the kind of work we do:
- Cut 2 openings, each measuring 16″ x 12″ x 8″ in 2 different vaults for electrical vault openings at the University of Illinois in Champaign, Illinois.
- Cut 300 linear feat of electric sawing 8″ deep in a concrete floor subcontracted by concrete contracting company in Robinson, Illinois.
- Saw cut 725 linear feet 12″ deep into concrete with an electric saw for a construction company in Champaign, Illinois.
- Saw cut a trench measuring 50′ x 18″ x 5″ subcontracted by a private contracting company at a hospital in Danville, Illinois.
- Used a wall saw to cut 2 areas in a brick wall measuring 32′ x 14″ each for a basketball gym in Georgetown, Illinois.
- Used an electric flat saw to cut 855 linear feet x 12″ of concrete for a FedEx in Indianapolis, Illinois.
- Used a wall saw to cut 3 openings measuring 6’6″ x 10″ x 10″ for a masonry company in Champaign, Illinois.
- Core drilled 4 holes measuring 6″ in diameter and 8″ deep in an electrical vault for an electric company in Urbana, Illinois.
- Core drilled 2 holes measuring 3″ in diameter; one hole cored through a block wall and one 6″ deep in the floor at a hospital in Urbana, Illinois.
- Core drilled 14 holes measuring 2″ in diameter 12″ deep in a concrete wall, each hole on a different floor for a private business in Champaign, Illinois.
- Cored 150 holes measuring 4″ x 9″ in a concrete slab, and 72 holes measuring 10″ x 3″ for drains at a university residence hall in Champaign, Illinois.
- Core drilled 352 holes measuring 4.25″ x 6″ on three different floors for a local historical monument in Champaign, Illinois.
- Core drilled 16 holes measuring 3″ x 4-5″ for seat and table posts on a floor for a restaurant in Normal, Illinois.
- Core drilled one hole measuring 28″ in diameter and 18″ deep for sump in pit, subcontracted by a construction company for a grocery store in St. Elmo, Illinois.
Concrete Breaking, Removal, & Demolition
- Broke and removed 25 linear feet x 6″ worth of concrete vibratory pad after first using an electric saw to cut for a private business in Urbana, Illinois.
Whether your job requires concrete cutting, highway grinding, noninvasive ground penetrating radar (GPR), concrete coring or anything else, be sure to go to your local Penhall branch here in Champaign for all of your concrete needs. We aim to provide whatever services you need in a safe, friendly, and professional manner. Call us today for a free quote!