Commitment to Safety • Reliable Results
Responsive Resources • Established Expertise
Penhall Technologies provides utility locating, employing both electromagnetic induction (EMI) and ground penetrating radar (GPR) for privately owned property. We can identify and locate subsurface hazards and obstructions existing in the ground. Reduce the risk and help ensure the safety of your next project by contacting Penhall Technologies for your private utility locating needs.
The Difference between Private Utility Company and Public Utility Company
- Public utility companies provide the service at no cost. However, they can only locate underground lines on public property. In other word, they can only locate public utility lines that generally stop on the trail to your land determined by a meter.
- Private utility companies help you locate buried lines, sewer pipes, septic tank, etc. on private property. There is a fee to the private locating service which varies based on the scope of the project and the types of lines that need to be identify.
Before calling a private utility locating company, you should:
- First, dial #8-1-1 to reach your local public utility locator. They will help you determine whether the utilies are on public property.
- Second, if the public utility company cannot provide the service, contant a private utility locator.
- Finally, feel free to shop around for the best pricing point and convenience for yourself.
Utility Locating Company utilities round penetrating radar to perform high-quality services
In Westlake Village, CA a customer in a large office building needed to identify and mark all utilities that were running into a particular suite. Using the RD 7100 and GSSI 400MHz antenna, the utilities were found by Penhall, a private locate, who also generated a report for the customer.
Utility Locating Company perform services before a project expansion or remodel
In Fullerton, CA a local engineering firm needed to identify whether or not there were any utilities present in an adjacent abandonded parking lot that would be repurposed for an expansion of an existing structure. Penhall Technologies, a utility locating service company, was able to locate and identify the underground utilities and helped keep the project safe and on schedule.
Locate underground utilities before trenching for installing electrical conduit
Electrical lines at a large hardware store in Anaheim, CA were located prior to digging a trench. GPR technology was used to locate the current location of the electrical conduit and to ensure the new area for the electrical conduit was free and clear of any other hazards or utilities.