Commitment to Safety • Reliable Results
Responsive Resources • Established Expertise
Penhall Technologies provides utility locating, employing both electromagnetic induction (EMI) and ground penetrating radar (GPR) for privately owned property. We can identify and locate subsurface hazards and obstructions existing in the ground. Reduce the risk and help ensure the safety of your next project by contacting Penhall Technologies for your private utility locating needs.
Frequently Asked Question for Private Utility Locator
- What is the difference between a public locator and a private locator?
– Public utility locators often provide you the service at no cost. However, they can only locate underground lines on Public Property. The public utility lines often stop on the trail to your land at the meter.
– Private utility locators often come in where public utility locators left off. There is often a fee to the service which varies based on the scope of the project itself.
- What should I do as a property owner who needs utility locating service?
– If you are a first-timer looking for a Nashville utility locating company, you need to dial #8-1-1 to reach a local public locator. They will help you determine whether they can completet your project.
– If public utility locators cannot complete locate on the utility lines, you need to reach out to a local private locator.
Nashville Utility Locating Project That Penhall Worked On
Locate gas line as preparation for kitchen renovation
A general contractor requested our nashville utility locating branch to perform scanning at a private residential property in Thompson Station, TN to locate a gas line in preparation for a kitchen renovation. We used ground penetrating radar to scan about 80 linear feet to successfully locate the line.
Identify location of septic tank to prepare for pool installation
A homeowner in Jackson, TN needed to locate the main sewer drain pipes and a septic tank in her backyard before excavating for a pool installation. The subsurface hazards were located and field reports were delivered to the customer.