Commitment to Safety • Reliable Results
Responsive Resources • Established Expertise
Penhall Technologies provides utility locating, employing both electromagnetic induction (EMI) and ground penetrating radar (GPR) for privately owned property. We can identify and locate subsurface hazards and obstructions existing in the ground. Reduce the risk and help ensure the safety of your next project by contacting Penhall Technologies for your private utility locating needs.
Frequently Asked Questions for Utility Locating Service
- What is the difference between public locator and private locator?
– Public utility locators often perform the service for you at no cost. However, they can only locate buried underground lines on public property. In other words, they can only trace public utility lines which often run and stop on the trail to your land at the meter.
– Private utility locators can locate buried lines on private property. However, there is usually a fee to the service depending on the project location, scope of the work, and the condition of the the work site.
– For homeowners and anyone who is looking for utility locating service for the first time, first- dial #8-1-1 to reach your local public utility locator. They will help you determine whether they can complete the project for you. If not, you can reach out to a private utility locator.
- Why should I choose Penhall over other companies?
– Penhall has had 6o years of experience in the concrete industry. We provide a wide range of services, including: concretting cutting, grinding, concrete scanning, utility locating, seismic retrofit services which can be complementing each other for big project scopes. In addition, at Penhall, safety is our #1 priority. We are proud to present a “Zero-Accident” culture, where our GPR analysts are highly-trained to ensure that your project is safet, on budget, and on schedule.
San Antonio Utility Locating Projects that Penhall Worked On
Ground penetrating radar used to locate utilities in concrete slab before cutting and core drilling
At a university campus in San Antonio, Penhall performed a GPR utility survey to locate buried cables, wires, and structural steel elements before before cutting and coring. We were located and marked all subsurface targets and provided a written field report.
Locate water and gas lines to avoid damage of utilities before cutting to relocate heavy gym equipment
In preparation for equipment relocation for a gym at a San Antonio apartment complex, Penhall Technologies scanned to locate and mark water and gas lines. Our GPR analyst was able to help the customer avoid damaging utilities in the four areas where the equipment were to be relocated.