Commitment to Safety • Reliable Results
Responsive Resources • Established Expertise
Penhall Technologies provides utility locating, employing both electromagnetic induction (EMI) and ground penetrating radar (GPR) for privately owned property. We can identify and locate subsurface hazards and obstructions existing in the ground. Reduce the risk and help ensure the safety of your next project by contacting Penhall Technologies for your private utility locating needs.
Frequently Asked Questions for Utility Locating Service
- What is the difference between public utility locator and private utility locator?
– Public locators provide the service at no cost. However, they can only locate buried lines on public property. In other words, they can only locate public utility lines, which often run and stop on the trail to your land.
– Private locators often come in where public utility locators left off. They tend to complete the project for you if public locators can’t. However, there is a charge for private utility locating company to perform the service.
- Why should I choose Penhall over other companies?
– Penhall has 60+ years of experience in the conrete industry. Our GPR analysts are highly trained to ensure that the project is executed in the most timely-manner and at safest level. Our company also provides a portfolio of multiple complementary services that your proejct might need. For example, they can do: concrete cutting, grinding, coring, concrete scanning, utility locating, and seismic retrofit services.
Tucson Prviate Utility Locating Projects that Penhall Worked On
Locate gas lines for private residential property before installing new patio
A Tucson, AZ homeowner needed to locate a gas line in their backyard prior to installing a new flagstone patio. Our GPR analyst used the GSSI GPR 400MHz antenna to trace and mark the gas line.
Before boring, ensure safety by locating utilities and underground storage tanks
Before boring (10) locations in Tucson, AZ, Penhall Technologies detected the locations of large, underground storage tanks. The analysts located and marked the location of the tanks which allowed the customer to safely and confidently proceed with the boring.
Ground penetrating radar used to identify all underground utilities before digging trenches
In Oro Valley, AZ, an analyst used GPR to identify all underground utilities prior to digging trenches for new plumbing. All utilities located were marked and a written field report was provided to the customer for documentation and reference when trenching.