- We will maintain Safety as a core value that is never compromised
- We will promote open and honest discussion about health, safety and environmental issues and concerns
- We will assign health, safety and environmental responsibilities and hold those assigned accountable
- We will provide health, safety and environmental training that educates and empowers our employees to prevent incidents and injuries
- We will recognize and encourage safe work behavior and proactive involvement of employees
- We will seek continuous improvement in our health, safety and environmental performance through regular audits, sharing of lessons learned, coaching and regular reviews by leadership teams
Stop Work Authority granted to our employees is a practice that is encouraged and expected within Penhall Company. We expect all employees to stop any work they feel cannot be completed without injury or incident.
SPEAK UP FOR SAFETY
Penhall Company has a culture of safety intervention. We expect everyone to speak up when they identify unsafe conditions or behaviors within our operations or on customer sites.
BEHAVIOR-BASED SAFETY OBSERVATIONS
Penhall realizes that most if not all incidents are caused by unsafe behaviors. We utilize a robust behavior-based safety observation process that helps identify behavior risk that are then addressed through face-to-face coaching. Observation data is collected and used to identify trends and corrective actions needed.
Penhall completes a task specific hazard analysis before the start of every job to assist in risk reduction and incident prevention.
Penhall makes recognizing positive safety behavior and participation by our team members a priority. We accomplish this through personal thank-you notes, safety recognition flashes, luncheons, and recognition through social media platforms.
All of your team and especially Willie carried themselves in a Responsible and Professional Manner. The work performed was carried out quickly, thoroughly and most importantly Safely. I am Honored that Penhall was Involved in this Project and Look Forward to Utilizing them in Future Projects."